Waterlox ORIGINAL Sealer/Finish has been a popular wood finish for over 100 years. The formulation has been in existence since the founding of the Empire Varnish Co. (now Waterlox Coatings) in 1910 in Cleveland, OH. It is still made by hand from pure tung oil and phenolic resins to create a truly beautiful, durable and one of a kind finish that looks and works great on any wood project.
Waterlox ORIGINAL Sealer/Finish is a solvent-based, resin-modified tung oil finish that is delivered in mineral spirits. It will produce a beautiful warm/amber finish that enhances and shows off the beauty of the wood. Due to its solvent content, it may not be available in your region in the quantities desired or, in rare instances, not at all. There are some alternatives that may be available that still hold true to our goal of protecting and enhancing the wood. See the Lower VOC, Low Odor Alternatives section further down for more information. Our ORIGINAL formula brings out the beauty in wood floors, cabinets, countertops, furniture and woodworking projects. Our resin-modified Tung Oil products penetrate deep into wood to literally lock out water and provide a rich, distinctive finish that is easy to maintain.
- Our oldest and truly Original product, since 1910.
- Like all of our Tung Oil formulas, 90% of the resin portion of the formula is from renewable, natural resources.
- When used in conjunction with a Waterlox sealer, our ORIGINAL formula penetrates deep into wood fibers to create a waterproof barrier while forming a protective yet elastic film that is durable against common household use and foot traffic.
- Easier to maintain than other interior clear or surface finishes.
- Non-toxic when dry and fully cured.
- Hand made in Ohio by a 4th generation, family-owned company.
- Available in gloss, semi-gloss and satin sheens.
- Available in gallon, quart and 2 ounce sizes.